Narita Boy : Travel across dimensional planes in this retro-futuristic pixel game

During 2016, I was pondering a game idea, potentially using VR or AR about travelling about in a multi-dimensional universe.  As is always true, my concept & vision was set very very high - I had the vision, but lacked the skills & tooling to make it happen.  I got hold of Unity and UnrealEngine, took some courses on how to make basic things using C# and C++ for either engine, then....well, then work/work took a higher priority... isn't that always the way?  I see it more of a "delay it" than a "drop it", I will come back to my vision some time soon.....

...and then I noticed this little gem on KickStarter.  The vision sounds familiar, very familiar - there must have been something floating around the ether during 2016 that a few of us tuned into.  Well, I bow down to "Ed" for finding the time, having the patience and having access to a group of skilled people to help him with his vision.  I also love the 80s pixel approach.

Have I backed it?  Sure have!  "If" it actually happens, they are looking at a Dec 2018 release time, hey, by then, I may have actually had time to make some progress of my own - unless "other non-work things" manage to distract me along the way....

Narita Boy : Travel across dimensional planes in this retro-futuristic pixel game:


Comments